Company affirms position as the largest wholesaler of branded products in the industry with $90.5 million in wholesale revenue
Record revenue of $153.3 million, 63% growth QoQ, an absolute increase of $59 million
Record adjusted EBITDA1 of $46.4 million, 182% growth QoQ
Record cashflow from operations of $17.8 million
Retail revenue growth of 60% QoQ to $62.8 million
Third consecutive quarter with over 40% revenue growth
ILLINOIS: Cresco Labs Inc., one of the largest vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States, today released its unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2020. All financial information presented in this release is in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise noted.
“Cresco Labs entered the third quarter firing on all cylinders achieving record levels of revenue, profitability, and cash flow. We remain the number one operator in the industry focused on, and delivering results in, the wholesale distribution of branded products. Our retail is outperforming, and we are generating substantial operating leverage,” said Charles Bachtell, Co-founder and CEO of Cresco Labs. “Comparing Q1 to Q3, we increased revenue by $87 million while keeping SG&A flat. The investments we made to support growth are paying off, and as a result our profitability has grown dollar for dollar with gross profit. Because of the decisions we’ve made, the changes we’ve managed through and the hard work devoted by our team over the last 12 months, Cresco Labs has substantiated itself within the very top tier of the industry and confirmed the value that is driven by our differentiated strategy. This is a unique story of strategic breadth, depth and execution. As we look toward our next phase of growth, it’s rinse and repeat – the playbook will be applied to more states and, again, we will achieve meaningful, material market positions.”
Third Quarter 2020 Financial Highlights
- Revenue for the third quarter of 2020 was $153.3 million, an absolute increase of over $59.0 million or a 63% increase over Q2’20 revenue. Wholesale growth was driven by an increase in harvests from expanded capacity in Illinois and Pennsylvania with strong growth in California. Retail growth was driven by strong sequential same-store growth and two new store openings in Illinois.
- Operational Gross Profit1 as a Percentage of Revenue was 53% in the quarter as compared to 47% in the prior quarter driven by increased efficiency in our expanded Illinois and Pennsylvania facilities.
- Adjusted EBITDA1 was $46.4 million, an increase of 182% sequentially driven primarily from higher revenue, increased operational gross profit across our largest markets and strong SG&A control which dropped dramatically as a percentage of revenue.
- Net Income2 was $4.9 million, which includes unrealized gains and losses on mark-to-market instruments that fluctuate until obligations are settled, changes in fair value of biological assets, interest expense and tax expense.
- Net Cash Provided by Operating Activities was $17.8 million, compared to $9.9 million used in Q2. The increase in cash provided by operating activities was driven by increased operating leverage across the business as the Company scales.
Total shares on a fully converted basis were 380,035,735 as of September 30, 2020.
Conference Call and Webcast
The Company will host a conference call and webcast to discuss its financial results and provide investors with key business highlights on Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 8:30am Eastern Time (7:30am Central Time). The conference call may be accessed via webcast or by dialing 866-688-4235 (409-216-0711 for international callers) and providing conference ID 9237505. Archived access to the webcast will be available for one year on the Cresco Labs’ investor relations website.