WASHINGTON: As of October 1, 2016 the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) will be switching financial institutions for marijuana excise tax payments which will have an impact on those licensees using EPay. After the switch the current vendor will no longer be supporting the site, those licensees who have a login with the current vendor (US Bank) are highly encouraged to download any historical payment information needed for record keeping purposes prior to the change to prevent data loss. Licensees will still be able to pay using the traceability system link however some of the functionality on the financial institution side may be different with a new vendor.
What do I need to do?
Those licensees that have historical data with the old vendor are encouraged to download it before the change to prevent data loss. Licensees who do not have historical data or have already downloaded it do not need to do anything. The “Pay Now” function in the free traceability program remains the same.
Why are you switching financial institutions?
The Board’s current vendor, US Bank, has indicated that they no longer intend to accept marijuana excise tax payments.
Why can’t I get my historical data?
Until the change historical data will still be available through the current vendor, after the change the old portal will no longer be supported. Licensees are encouraged to download their historical data prior to the change.
What you need to know about the new portal:
- The “Pay Now” function in the free traceability program is the same and will continue to be processed through a secure website.
- Routing and bank account information will be required each time a payment is requested (it will not store this information).
- Payments are made the same day as posted (cannot be scheduled for a future date).
- Payments for more than the excise tax obligation amount will be accepted.
- All transactions will be posted as Pacific Standard Time.
- The “Pay Now” system is available 24 hours a day except for routine or emergency maintenance.
- System notices will be posted when the pay now system is not available and when to try again.
- Historical payment information will not be available in the new system.
Questions regarding the change can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org you can call the Marijuana Tax line (306) 664-1789.