NEW JERSEY: Twelve cannabis dispensaries across New Jersey opened for adult-use sales for the first time Thursday morning. While lines were long in some locations, the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission has had to investigate only a few minor complaints. No significant patient access issues or supply shortages have been reported.
Reminders for cannabis consumers
- Do: Be patient – expect long lines and wait your turn to be served.
- Do: Start low and go slow – follow product instructions and remember ingestible products can take longer to take effect than smoking or vaping. Call NJ Poison Center at 800-222-1222 if you are concerned you may have ingested or used too much.
- Do: Store your legal cannabis products securely, out of the reach of kids. Legal cannabis products are in child safe packaging, but always keep them secure and out of the reach of anyone under the age of 21.
- Don’t: Drive while high. Driving under the influence of cannabis is illegal and dangerous.
- Don’t: Cross state lines. It is illegal to transport legal cannabis products from New Jersey outside of New Jersey.
- Don’t: Buy more than one ounce. Consumers can’t purchase more than an ounce in a single transaction, and legally cannot possess more than one ounce at any time. Consumers could face criminal penalties if they disregard these limits.
- Do: Be safe, be smart, follow the rules.
Additional safe use information is on the NJ-CRC’s website: Safe & Responsible Consumption (nj.gov)