NEVADA: Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak announced the appointment of eight members to the Cannabis Advisory Commission (CAC). Established through AB 533, the 12-person commission studies cannabis-related issues and makes recommendations to the Nevada Cannabis Compliance Board (CCB).
- Benjamin Chew, District Manager, DB Labs
- James Hammer, General Manager, Wallflower Cannabis House
- A’Esha Goins, Founder, Cannabis Equity and Inclusion Community (CEIC) Nevada
- Jillian Nelson, Vice President of Operations, Evergreen Organix
- Michael Nikhman, Co-Owner, Nevada Group Wellness
- Kema Ogden, Co-Owner, Top Notch The Health Center
- Dr. Jennifer Pearson, Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
- Daniel Stewart, Attorney, Hutchison & Steffen
The CAC consists of 12 members, eight of which are appointed by the governor. Members are appointed on the merit of their knowledge, skill, and experience either within or outside of the cannabis industry. Combined, appointees represent experts in the cannabis cultivation, retail, laboratory science, and manufacturing spaces, and experts in the law, medical and public health fields alongside advocates of the medical use of cannabis and criminal justice reform.
In addition to the eight gubernatorial appointees, the CAC includes Nevada’s Attorney General, the Director of the Nevada Department of Public Safety (DPS), the Executive Director of the Department of Taxation (DoT), and the Executive Director of the CCB who serves as Chair of the CAC.
Appointees serve a two-year term and are eligible for reappointment.