WASHINGTON: The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board has rescinded Board Interim Policy BIP-02-2014 which limited persons or entities to interest in one (1) producer license, reverting to allowing a person or entity to hold an interest in up to three (3) producer licenses as provided in WAC 314-55-075.
What does this mean?
- Persons or entities may hold interests in up to three (3) producer licenses.
- Additional interests in producer licenses may be accomplished through adding true parties of interests or assumptions of existing licensed businesses only (through purchase of a business, formation of a new partnership with an existing licensee, etc.). No new application window is being opened at this time.
- The licensing vetting and approval process must be completed prior to any transfer of ownership, funds, or interest, consistent with Chapter 314-55 WAC. More information is available on the WSLCB website, here: http://lcb.wa.gov/mjlicense/marijuana-licensing.
- Co-locating producer licenses is not allowed.
- Rescinding BIP-02-2014 does not affect those applications currently being processed.
This notice can be found at lcb.wa.gov/laws/laws-and-rules under Interim Policies.