Temporary Rules Follow Passage of SB 218
Commission Also Approves Marijuana Licensee Stipulated Settlements
OREGON: At its monthly meeting on August 15, 2019 the Commissioners of the Oregon Liquor Control Commission approved temporary rules setting timelines for processing marijuana producer applications, and also approved nine marijuana violation stipulated settlement agreements.
Senate Bill 218 directs OLCC to set timelines to process producer applications received prior to June 15, 2018, and directs OLCC to inactive producer applications received after June 15, 2018. The temporary rules describes the timelines the Commission will impose on applicants to complete the application process, and describe what constitutes an incomplete application which will be inactivated.
The temporary rules also implement language from Senate Bill 218 that prohibits an applicant from changing the location or the ownership of a pending application, and define what constitutes a change of ownership.
The temporary rules become effective September 1, 2019 and expire December 31, 2019. The Commission also directed its staff to initiate permanent rulemaking on producer application processing deadlines.
The Commission also approved the following fines and/or marijuana license suspensions, license surrenders, or marijuana worker permit surrender based on stipulated settlements:
- Bud Bros in Cave Junction will pay a fine of $4,950 or serve a 30-day recreational marijuana retail license suspension for one violation. Licensees are: Bud Bros, LLC; David Scott, Member; Josh Scott, Member.
- Ripped City* will pay a fine of $1,485 or serve a nine-day recreational marijuana producer license suspension for one violation. Licensee is: SMW Agriculture, LLC; Stacey Kelley, Member.
- Rose City Confections* will pay a fine of $10,000 and serve a 30-day suspension or serve a 60-day recreational marijuana processor license suspension for two violations.
- Licensees are: MCTSA Management Corporation; Matthew Kimber, President/Stockholder; Trenton Mohwinkle, Secretary/Stockholder; Chris Tafoya, Stockholder; Anthony McNamer, Stockholder.
- Ryan Biglione will surrender his Marijuana Worker Permit for three violations.
- Bhombchelly’s Jelly’s* will surrender its processor license and its wholesale license for four violations, licensee will receive a letter of reprimand. Licensees are: Bella Caramella, LLC; Michelle Aver, Managing Member.
- B&W Brother* will pay a fine of $12,540 and serve a two-day suspension orserve a 78-day recreational marijuana producer license suspension for four violations. Licensees are: B&W Brother, LLC; Bob Tu, Member; Chaohui Wang, Member.
- Canna Royal in Veneta will surrender its recreational marijuana retailer licensefor three violations and each licensee will receive a letter of reprimand. Licensees are: Canna Royal, Inc.;Wesley Mathis, Pres/Stkholder.
- Starseed Organics* will surrender its recreational marijuana license for six violations and each licensee will receive a letter of reprimand. Licensees are: Chez Day West, LLC; Stephen Day, Jr., Member.
- XW Cultivation* will pay a fine of $4,950 or serve a 30-day recreational marijuana producer license suspension for four violations. Licensees are: XW Cultivation, LLC; Xing Wang, Member.