MASSACHUSETTS: The New England Cannabis Network (NECANN), is growing with the announcement today of their plans to expand their popular cannabis conventions in Boston, Providence and Portland to two new markets active in the adult use and medical cannabis states – Vermont and Nevada. Marc Shepard, NECANN’s President and Co-Founder made the announcement.
With the addition of these two new events to the existing conventions they have been hosting annual in Boston, Portland, and Providence since 2015, NECANN will be the largest cannabis industry convention series in the US.
The upcoming schedule of conventions is as follows:
- Oct 14th-15th, 2017 3rd Annual Maine Cannabis Convention
- Oct 27th-29th , 2017 3rd Annual RI Cannabis Convention
- March 16th-18th, 2018: Reno Cannabis Expo (Premiere edition)
- March 23rd-25th, 2018: 4th Annual New England Cannabis Convention
- May 4th-6th, 2018: Vermont Cannabis and Hemp Convention (Premiere edition)
Separately, Shepard also announced the formation of a 12-person Board of Advisors composed of canna-business and medical cannabis leaders that will help guide the company as NECANN continues to grow its series of B2B and B2C cannabis conventions throughout the US.
The formation of the 12-person Board of canna-business and medical marijuana leaders will guide the company as NECANN continues to grow its series of B2B and B2C cannabis conventions. NECANN’s Board of Advisors will provide input and guidance for event programming and speaker selection. The Board members are appointed for a two-year term.
“We are honored to be working with some of the most knowledgeable and respected members of the Cannabis community,” said Shepard. With Advisory Board members representing all aspects of the industry across New England and beyond, we are confident they with be a tremendous asset in helping help us continue to create the most innovative and valuable business and educational experiences possible for our attendees and exhibitors.”
The following individuals have been named to the Board of Advisors:
- Dr. Uma V.A. Dhanabalan, MD, MPH, FAAFP – Uplifting Health and Wellness
- Catherine Lewis – Director of education, Marijuana Caregivers of Maine
- Nic Easley – CEO, 3C Consulting, LLC
- Jared Moffett – Director, Regulate RI
- Paul McCarrier – President, Regulate Maine
- Beth Waterfall – Chair of Women Grow: Boston and Principal, Beth Waterfall Creative
- Chris Faraone – Editor, Dig Boston, & Director, Boston Institute of Non-Profit Journalism
- Shanna Souza – President, New England Cannabis Consulting
- Nicole Snow – Executive Director, Mass Patient Advocacy Alliance
- Marta Downing – COO, Canna Care Docs
- Eli Harrington – Co-founder, Managing Editor, Heady Vermont
- Cole Markus – Co-Founder, President, The Reno Expo