CALIFORNIA: The 420 Games today announced dates and planned activities for the third annual Los Angeles 420 Games. The Games will take place on Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1, 2018 at the Santa Monica Pier, bringing famous faces, Professional athletes, X-Games and BMX athletes, and over one hundred cannabis brands together for two-days of healthy competition and community.
“The 420 Games provides a unique opportunity for athletes and health and wellness enthusiasts to come together and participate in a variety of activities, including a 4.2 mile fun run / walk for cannabis respect and awareness,” said founder, Jim McAlpine. “Traditional races tend to be 5K’s, or 3.2 miles. Our race incorporates an additional mile so participants can literally ‘go the extra mile’ for cannabis.”
This year’s two-day event is expected to draw thousands to the Santa Monica Pier and surrounding areas. The run portion of the event will take place on both Saturday and Sunday, with registration and check-in at 9:00 a.m. and a shotgun start at 10:00 a.m. The course will take participants on a scenic loop from Santa Monica down to Venice Beach and back. There will also be a full day of athletic activities.
Highlights of the LA Games to include:
- Frank Shamrock & Bas Rutten Arm Wrestling Contest
- 420 Yoga lead by Ricky Williams
- Venice Skate contest w Bucky Lasek & $20K cash purse!
- 3 on 3 B-Ball tournament
- CBD Massage chairs
- Jiu Jitsu tournament
- BMX Half pipe show w XGames athletes
- Rap battle w/ Harry Mack the world’s greatest freestyler
- 4.20-mile boardwalk course
- Live comedy
- Lagunitas beer garden
- Food trucks
- After party
- NFL players Eben Britton and Ricky Williams speaking
- 100+ exhibitors & thousands of attendees