CANADA: Sproutly Canada has completed the acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Infusion Biosciences Canada, according to a company press release.
“We are extremely excited to finalize this Acquisition, enabling Sproutly to commercialize the APP Technology in major regulated markets around the world with innovative cannabis products that target the $50+ billion bottled water and functional beverage market with naturally water-soluble molecules from cannabis and hemp”, commented Keith Dolo, Chief Executive Officer of Sproutly. Mr. Dolo added, “APP Technology is a low-cost, gentle method to produce Infuz20, a ground-breaking discovery that delivers the total effects of the strain of cannabis from which it is made; on-set effects start within approximately 5 minutes and dissipate within approximately 90 minutes.”
“Combining with Sproutly allows Infusion Biosciences to produce and sell innovative consumer products in several countries where cannabis use is legal. Together, we are positioned to leverage our APP Technology to become a leader in the beverage industry and broaden the consumer base with products that will deliver controlled doses that meet expectations for cannabis experiences”, said Dr. Arup Sen, Chief Executive Officer of Infusion Biosciences Inc. (“Infusion Biosciences”). “As a natural water solution, Infuz2O is the best means to deliver the medicinal benefits of cannabis to patients suffering from symptoms associated with major chronic diseases like cancer and pain”, added Dr. Sen.
The Acquisition brings together a strategically located premium cultivation facility and a key technologic innovation in the cannabis industry. Some key Acquisition highlights are:
- Significant Discovery and Recovery of Naturally Water-Soluble Cannabinoids – Infusion Biosciences has discovered and produced naturally water soluble bioactive molecules that deliver the full experience of cannabis paralleling the onset and offset profiles of smoking but, avoids the undesirable features that have kept a vast majority of consumers away.
- Broadens Sproutly’s Management Team – The addition of Dr. Sen and Mr. Marcellino to Sproutly’s executive management team provides decades of experience in biopharmaceutical research, development, and technology commercialization. Dr. Arup Sen will also be joining the Board of Directors.
- Positions Sproutly to Become a Leader in Beverages, Edibles and Tinctures –Sproutly is now positioned to fulfill its mission as a vertically integrated cannabis consumer products company focused on redefining the cannabis industry with a clear focus on beverage and additional consumer products by solving the technologic limitations associated with blending oils extracted by traditional means into water.
- Exclusive License for Key Regulated Recreational and Medicinal Jurisdictions –Sproutly gains the exclusive rights for APP Technology in Canada, the European Union, Australia, Israel, and Jamaica.
- Low Cost, Scalable, Gentle Process to Produce Bioactive Molecules as an Alternative to Current Oil Extraction Methods – APP Technology is a patent-pending process that uses proprietary combinations of common dietary ingredients to gently recover naturally water-soluble cannabinoids and also the free cannabis oils in natural oils. APP Technology recovers between 85% – 90% of the total bioactive cannabinoids in the plant, distributed between Infuz20 and Bio-Natural Oil.